Ayurveda (Science of Life)
Dr. Ashutosh Yardi. (M.D. Ayu.)
Dr. Mrs.Anagha Yardi (B.A.M.S.)
Ayurveda is a science of life. Life according to Ayurveda is a combination of senses, mind, body and soul. So we can say that Ayurveda is not only limited to body or physical symptoms but also gives a comprehensive knowledge about spiritual, mental and social health.
This ancient science from India, deals with the problems of longevity, and suggests a safe, gentle, and effective way to rid diseases afflicting our health. This “science of life,” or longevity, is the holistic alternative science from India, and is more than 5,000 years old. It is believed to be the oldest healing science.
In the word, ‘Ayurveda’ there is a combination of two words. ‘Ayur’ & ‘Veda’. ‘Ayur’ means life & Veda means true, real knowledge. Another meaning of Veda deals with four types of ancient scriptures written in Sanskrit language having lot of philosophical base. There are four types of Veda. (Rigveda, Yajurveda, AthervVeda, Samveda). Áyurveda is regarded as a branch of third one Atherv Veda and has been practiced in India for thousands of years. Medicinal plants and their utility are widely described in the Vedas;
Ayurveda is a holistic science of health and longevity. Ayurveda is a philosophy and system of healing of body and mind. At the time of origin of this system philosophy and medicine were not separated. Therefore, Ayurveda is strongly influenced by philosophy & spirituality.
To understand true, real & original Áyurveda, it is necessary that we should have a good knowledge of its basic principals.
In this Ayurveda course, QVIUS institution is focusing on basics & applied part of Ayurveda in following sections:
1. Fundamentals of Ayurveda
2. Constitution (Dosha) or body type & its importance in prevention as well as cure.
3. Therapeutic Modalities
4. Specific Illnesses and Diseases
5. Diagnostic methods
6. Balancing Body, Mind & Spirit.
7. Healing methods by natural way
8. Nutritional view in Ayurveda
9. To understand the spiritual nature of Áyurveda
………………………………… Ayurveda highlights on following subjects -
a) Lifestyle management,
b) Body purification, c) Herbs & there uses,
d) Anatomy & physiology in different View, e) How to diagnose illness during its pre-signs,
f) Characteristic Diagnostic Methods, g) how to overcome on a disease perfectly,
h) How to overcome on aging processes, i) psychological health…… Thus various aspects are described in this science of life.
Our Aims & Objects in this Ayurveda course are:
1) Prevention is better than cure
2) To overcome on unhealthy conditions & diseases by Natural Way.
3) Going towards the Nature is the way towards the Health
4) To treat patient is more important than treating only the disease.
5) It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has.